PennDOT announced that lane restrictions are scheduled on Route 372 (Valley Avenue) at Green Street in Atglen Borough, on Monday, March 18, through Friday, March 22, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., for utility installation as part of an improvement project to repair and resurface 26 miles of state highway in Chester County. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work zone because slowdowns may occur. The contractor’s schedule is dependent on the weather.
State highways completed under this resurfacing project include:
- Route 41 (Gap Newport Pike) from the Delaware state line to the U.S. 1 Interchange in Avondale Borough and New Garden and London Grove townships;
- Route 472 (Lewisville Road/Hickory Hill Road) between Route 841 (Chesterville Road) and Freese Road in Elk and East Nottingham townships;
- Street Road between the Octoraro Creek Bridge and Homeville Road in Upper Oxford Township;
- Valley Forge Road between Route 252 (Valley Forge Road) and the Montgomery County line in Tredyffrin Township;
- Worthington Road from Newcomen Road to the Uwchlan Township line in West Pikeland Township;
- Wagontown Road between Lyons Head Drive and Hatfield Road in West Caln and West Brandywine townships; and
- Route 340 (West Kings Highway) between Route 10 (Compass Road) and Business U.S. 30, in West Caln, West Brandywine, Caln and Valley townships.
Additional state highways scheduled for resurfacing under this contract include:
- Route 52 (Lenape Road) between Route 926 (Street Road) and Lenape Unionville Road, in Pennsbury, East Marlborough and Pocopson townships; and
- Main Street/Green Street/Swan Road/Upper Valley Road from Route 372 (Main Street) to the Atglen Borough line.